Thursday, August 9, 2012

Pattern Review: Double-Sided Headband

Okay I've been wanting to make this headband forever!!  And by forever...I mean more like 6 months...  But check out this Double Sided Headband Pattern by Happy Together.

It doesn't get much simpler than this headband, the pattern was the perfect size for my head and the tutorial has clear photos for every step.  Honestly, the hardest part was picking the fabric!  Well that and maybe trying to iron it without burning myself.

It can be a bit tricky trying to attach the elastic piece to the front piece but I would recommend securing the elastic closer to your seam allowance rather than close to the edge.  That way the ends will lay flat and be easier to catch when topstitching rather than wanting to scrunch up on you.

If you have a jelly roll, this is the perfect project.  the band will be a bit skinnier in the front but you could potentially make lots of little gifts or party favors for people!

Linking up here.

5 comments:

Feel free to share any thoughts, comments, advice or just say hello! Your comments make my day so don't be shy!!