Sunday, August 12, 2012

DIY Bunting Necklace

Have I mentioned lately how much I like shrinky dinks?  Or how much I like buntings?  Well I do, like them...a lot.  There's about a million different thing you can do with shrinky dinks and buntings just make me happy.  They're always so cheery. 





 

So I'm combining the two...into one awesome shrinky dink bunting necklace!   Sorry for the lack of 'before' photos it seems a bit weird to take photos of something that's clear...  But basically, cut out some triangles, punch holes, and bake as instructed. 

 Once they're cool, you can paint them with some fingernail polish and add your jump rings. 

You could even rearrange the triangles if you feel like something more tribal...  

And that's it!!  Linking up here


7 comments:

  1. That is too cute! I love Shrinky Dinks and bunting too! I've only used Shrinky Dinks once but really want to use them again. Great job and such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The original project I got Shrinky Dinks for used only half a sheet so now I'm trying to come up with ways to use up the rest of my pack, hence all the Shrinky Dink projects I've been posting :)

      Delete
  2. This is adorable! I would wear it with everything! Love how easy you make it look!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to try shrinky dinks and just haven't yet but this cute necklace is definitely motivating me to run out and buy some =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I've used them since I was a kid but I quickly remembered how much I liked them! I'm still trying to work up the courage to try shrinky dink rings and bracelets though!

      Delete
  4. Nice idea. I've never used shrinky dinks before, but I'm going to hunt them down! If not, may be the plastic from water bottles (I think)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share any thoughts, comments, advice or just say hello! Your comments make my day so don't be shy!!